The University of Leeds is accepting applications for our Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2018 entry, available across all disciplines. The University of Leeds is known for its concrete architecture and our experts are studying the material from the very bottom up to pave the way for a stronger, more sustainable future.
Successful applicants will receive payment to cover their University tuition fees up to three years, along with a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (GBP 14,553 for 2017/18).
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK/EU or International fee paying applicant
- have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have applied for a research degree and be in receipt of a student ID number
*Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a Distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (eg in industry or business, or for a practice-based PhD, in the creative arts).