Samsung is now bringing the beta version of Oreo 8.0. At this time, Galaxy Note 8 users are using Andriod 7.0 Nougat which was launched last year.
Oreo 8.0 is smarter, faster and more powerful than the previous Android versions. This version was released this week for Galaxy Note 8. Samsung has upgraded this new Android version with few new surprises.
You can install this version on your mobile but before doing that you must have to back up your data in case of any breakdown. This Android version is only for the US version of the smartphone which has Snapdragon chipset.
You just need a micro SD card and a File Explorer app.
Download and install the Nougat BQK2 Firmware
- First, you will have to download “Samsung Nougat BQK2 firmware”
- Save it to your micro SD card as a zip file.
- Open your file manager app and confirm that it is saved under the name “update.zip”
- Press the power button, volume button, and Bixby button all at once for few seconds.
- The phone will be power down and it will be started in Recovery mode.
- Using the volume key, navigate to “Apply update from the SD card” and press the power button to select.
- Then select the “update.zip” folder
- Once it’s installed, your phone will be rebooted automatically
Download and install Oreo firmware
Now you need to download Oreo firmware. Save it as a zip file and just reboot your phone into the Recovery mode just like before. Select “apply updates from SD card”. Then select the Oreo file. It will begin to install.
Once it’s completed, your phone will be rebooted and your phone will be running the latest Android version