The “Loss and Damage” writing fellowship aims to raise awareness in Bangladesh, India, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia about the losses and damages that climate change is already creating, and what can be done to address these impacts. You can contribute by helping us to raise awareness on these issues – and you can win nice prizes at the same time!
Climate Tracker has a long history of attending UNFCCC negotiations. There you will follow the latest advancements in implementing the Paris Agreement, you will help them report about it to make it understandable to the general public. You will also have the chance to meet governments, NGOs, journalists and climate activists from different parts of the world.
The year of 2018 has seen an endless series of climate-related disasters, with typhoons, flood, and droughts affecting communities worldwide. The topic of Loss & Damage, designed to compensate the impacts of climate change that are already occurring now, is more important than ever. Hopes were high for the negotiations at COP23 to come up with solutions, but ambition from the side of many developed countries was lacking. Ambition needs to be raised on Loss & Damage, and Climate Tracker needs your help to raise ambition!
The best writer will get a chance to attend the climate negotiations in May 2018, which will be held in Bonn. There you will receive training on climate and journalism by Climate Tracker, get to attend the international climate negotiations and meet people from everywhere in the world!
The best writer will get a chance to attend the climate negotiations in May 2018, which will be held in Bonn. There you will receive training on climate and journalism by Climate Tracker, get to attend the international climate negotiations and meet amazing people from everywhere in the world! You cannot miss this chance!
- Must be 18-30 years old
- Must be able to travel to Germany in May 2018
- Must have written and published about Loss and Damage from November 2017-December 2017
- Must be from India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, or Bangladesh
- You can publish in any language you prefer. You can choose depending on which audience you want to reach and why.
- Between the 27th of November and the 10th of December, you have to write one article about loss and damage and/or climate migration that relates to your own country.
- Then you have to publish the article in media in your country or region. It can be a newspaper, a magazine, an online news site, etc. Once your article is published, you have to submit the link to us through this app.
- Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. We will shortlist the 20 best writers, who will go to the second phase.
- In January, the shortlisted will be asked to write a second article to prove their writing skills, and after that Climate Tracker will choose the best one to join us in Bonn!
Application Deadline: December 10, 2017